How the other half live

Sometimes, when I think of my friend who teaches Latin in an independent school, I wonder what on earth I'm doing trying to get politics into tiny criminals. Just think how much more valued I'd feel at a nice selective school full of middle class kids whose parents realised school was relatively important (I think to myself, on a bad day). But then my Latin teaching friend posts things like this as her facebook status, and I realise it's all much of a muchness!

Miss Magistra was jolly amused by the idea, propogated by one feckless Year 9, that the three types of Roman bath were the tepidarium (yup, fine) the fundamentarium (where one washes one's fundament?) and, best of all, the cruditarium (which is presumably full of hummus).

Share  PS - Look! A facebook-esque like button!! how very exciting the interwebs are. How does this work? Is it annoying?

No comments:

Post a Comment