Time to put down the Gin?

A kid asked me if I smoke.

"No, it's a horrible habit"

"Do you drink Miss?"

"Yes, I do."

"Lots, Miss?"

"Probably more than I should to be honest, it's really quite bad for you."

"Do you like, if you've had a bad day or summink, do you like go home and have a drink"

Only if I've had a bad day? After a spectacular Kennington Lime Win at New Years my house was overflowing with limes, and obviously the easiest way to get rid of them was to reintroduce the charming habit of pre dinner cocktails.

I decide the best thing to do is present the child with a good model for responsible, continental alcoholism.

"My flatmate and I will usually have a drink with our dinner, a glass of wine or something."

"Ah" he says knowingly. "My mum says she has wine just with dinner, but dinner aint all the time from 5 to 10 is it?"

Oh dear. I suppose that's me told.

No comments:

Post a Comment